Camp Foxley tells the history of the military camp built in the grounds of Foxley Manor House, Herefordshire, from the outbreak of the Second World War until the late 1960s when it was demolished. During the war the camp saw the arrival and departure of several Canadian and American military units. From 1944 to 1945 two American hospitals based there received casualties from the European Theatre of Operations. After the war the camp was used to house Polish refugees who were later joined by homeless English families. In the late 1960s the temporary camp, which had been built only to last for the duration of the war, was finally closed and the last remaining occupants were found homes in Hereford. The book tells of the day to day activities on the base, using accounts and previously unpublished photos from those involved. It also deals with the impact that the occupants had on the surrounding area of Herefordshire.