Hurry - Only 2 left in stock!
SECTION I: THE CARDIOPULMONARY SYSTEM THE ESSENTIALS.
1. The Anatomy and Physiology of the Respiratory System.
3. The Diffusion of Pulmonary Gases.
4. Pulmonary Function Measurements.
5. The Anatomy and Physiology of the Circulatory System.
6. Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Transport.
7. Acid Base Balance.
8. VentilationPerfusion Relationships.
9. Control of Ventilation.
10. Fetal Development and the Cardiopulmonary System.
11. Aging and The Cardiopulmonary System.
SECTION II: ADVANCED CARDIOPULMONARY CONCEPTS AND RELATED AREAS THE ESSENTIALS.
12. Electrophysiology of the Heart.
13. The Standard 12ECG System.
14. ECG Interpretation.
15. Hemodynamic Measurements.
16. Renal Failure and Its Effects on the Cardiopulmonary System.
17. Sleep Physiology and Its Relationship to the Cardiopulmonary System.
SECTION III: THE CARDIOPULMONARY SYSTEM DURING UNUSUAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS.
18. Exercise and Its Effects on the Cardiopulmonary System.
19. High Altitude and Its Effects on the Cardiopulmonary System.
20. High Pressure Environmentals and Their Effects on the Cardiopulmonary System.
APPENDIX I: Symbols and Abbreviations.
APPENDIX II: Units of Measurement.
APPENDIX III: Poiseuille's Law.
APPENDIX IV: Dubois Body Surface Chart.
APPENDIX V: Cardiopulmonary Profile.
APPENDIX VI: PCO2/HCO3/pH Nomogram.
APPENDIX VII: Calculating Heart Rate by Counting the Number of Large ECG Squares.
APPENDICES VIII: Answers to Review Questions in Text.
Terry Des Jardins, M.Ed., RRT is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Respiratory Care at Parkland College in Champaign, Illinois, where he taught for 35 years. He still actively lectures third-year medical students on clinical manifestations and assessment of respiratory disease and cardiopulmonary physiology at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urban Champaign.
Excellent instructor and student resource. This textbook provide
the essentials necessary to give a student an in-depth
understanding of the cardiovascular system as it directly relate to
I think it is a great book and will continue to adopt it well into the future. It represents the best authoritative text on cardiopulmonary physiology supported by a litany of beautiful images and well thought out instructor resources.
Terry Des Jardins has done an amazing job with this textbook. The illustrations and case studies, in addition his easily understood language of respiratory care, will significantly aid in the education of respiratory care students. Thank you!