Hurry - Only 2 left in stock!
1. Judicial Doctrine as an Independent Variable in Federalism
2. A Brief History of Federalism Doctrine in Practice
3. The US Supreme Court: Revived Federalism
4. The Australian High Court: Legalistic Federalism
5. The Canadian Supreme Court: Balanced Federalism
In this innovative exploration of Anglo-American federalism, the arc of the metaphysical pendulum embraces legal theory, judicial reasoning, and political calculation. An original work that draws upon law and politics, Baier's study offers fresh perspective on a familiar topic: the division of powers. The author demonstrates that in Canadian legal debate an intellectual life exists beyond the Charter. -- David E. Smith, FRSC, Professor Emeritus, Political Studies, University of Saskatchewan
Gerald Baier is a professor in the Department ofPolitical Science at the University of British Columbia.