Holly Black is the bestselling author of contemporary fantasy novels, including Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale and the #1 New York Times bestselling Spiderwick series. She has been a finalist for the Mythopoeic Award and the Eisner Award, and the recipient of the Andre Norton Award. Holly lives in Massachusetts with her husband, Theo, in a house with a secret library.
Praise for The Cruel Prince
A New York Times BestsellerAn IndieBound BestsellerA Boston Globe Best Book of 2018An ALA 2019 Children's Notables List Pick
* "Black, quite rightly, is the acknowledged queen of faerie lit, and her latest shows her to be at the top of her game, unveiling twists and secrets and bringing her characters vividly to life."--VOYA, starred review
"Black is a master at world-building, conveying integral details without that information ever seeming tedious or encyclopedic, whether you're well versed in faerie or a newcomer to the genre....the experience of reading a novel like this is something like being surrounded by magic."--The New York Times Book Review
"Another enthralling story in Black's fantasy catalog."--PASTE.com
"Lush, dangerous, a dark jewel of a book. Black's world is intoxicating, imbued with a relentless sense of peril that kept me riveted through every chapter of Jude's journey. And Jude! She is a heroine to love--brave but pragmatic, utterly human. This delicious story will seduce you and leave you desperate for just one more page."--Leigh Bardugo, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom
"With complicated characters, a suspenseful plot, and a successful return to the Faerie setting of many of her popular books, Black's latest is sure to enchant fans."--The Horn Book
* "[S]pellbinding....Breathtaking set pieces, fully developed supporting characters, and a beguiling, tough-as-nails heroine enhance an intricate, intelligent plot that crescendos to a jaw-dropping third-act twist."--Publishers Weekly, starred review
"This is a heady blend of Faerie lore, high fantasy, and high school drama, dripping with description that brings the dangerous but tempting world of Faerie to life. Black is building a complex mythology; now is a great time to tune in."--Kirkus Reviews
* "Another fantastic, deeply engaging, and all-consuming work from Black that belongs on all YA shelves."--School Library Journal, starred review
"I require book two immediately. Holly is the Faerie Queen."--Victoria Aveyard, #1 bestselling author of The Red Queen series
* "Jude, who struggles with a world she both loves and hates and would rather be powerful and safe than good, is a compelling narrator. Whatever a reader is looking for--heart-in-throat action, deadly romance, double-crossing, moral complexity--this is one heck of a ride."--Booklist, starred review
Praise for Tithe YALSA's Teen Top TenALA Best Book for Young AdultsNew York Public Library's "Best Book for the Teenage Reader"
* "A gripping read."--Publishers Weekly, starred review