1. First Encounters with Post-war America and American Culture: the 1940s
2. The ICA, the IG and America during the 1950s
3. The Impact of Abstract Expressionism during the 1940s and '50s
4. Abstraction and Pop in Britain during the 1960s
5. The Lure of America: British Artists in the United States
6. Over Here: American Artists in Britain
7. Criticism and Resistance
8. The Decline of American Influence and the Rise of BritArt
Notes and references
The author's previous works include "Art and the Age of Mass Media" and "Design History and the History of Design".
John A. Walker (1937-2014) was Reader in Art and Design History at Middlesex University. He is the author of Art and Celebrity (Pluto, 2002), Art in the Age of Mass Media (Pluto, 2001), and Cultural Offensive: America's Impact on British Art Since 1945 (Pluto, 1998).
'Highly accessible for artists and non-artists alike' -- Preview