Introduction: Electrical Occupations.
1. Atomic Structure.
2. Electrical Quantities and Ohm's Law.
3. Static Electricity.
6. Series Circuits.
7. Parallel Circuits.
8. Combination Circuits.
9. Measuring Instruments.
10. Using Wire Tables and Determining Conductor Sizes.
11. Conduction in Liquids and Gases.
12. Batteries and Other Sources of Electricity.
13. Magnetic Induction.
14. Basic Trigonometry and Vectors.
15. Alternating Current.
16. Inductance in Alternating Current Circuits.
17. Resistive-Inductive Series Circuits.
18. Resistive-Inductive Parallel Circuits.
20. Capacitance in Alternating Current Circuits.
21. Resistive-Capacitive Series Circuits.
22. Resistive-Capacitive Parallel Circuits.
23. Resistive-Inductive-Capacitive Series Circuits.
24. Resistive-Inductive-Capacitive Parallel Circuits.
25. Surge, Spike, and Lightning Protection.
26. Three-Phase Circuits.
27. Single-Phase Transformers.
28. Three-Phase Transformers.
29. Direct Current Generators.
30. Direct Current Motors.
31. Three-Phase Alternators.
32. Three-Phase Motors.
33. Single-Phase Motors.
34. Motor Installation.
As a retired electrician and proficient instructor with more than 30 years of practical experience, Stephen L. Herman is known for his reader-friendly approach. A seasoned author, Mr. Herman has written leading books on electricity and mathematics that are popular with students and instructors alike. For two decades Mr. Herman served as lead instructor for the Electrical Technology Curriculum at Lee College in Baytown, Texas, where he received an Excellence in Education Award from the Halliburton Education Foundation. He also taught at Randolph Community College in Asheboro, North Carolina, for nine years and helped pioneer an electrical curriculum for Northeast Texas Community College in Mount Pleasant, Texas. His additional publications include ELECTRIC MOTOR CONTROL, ELECTRICITY AND CONTROLS FOR HVAC/R, INDUSTRIAL MOTOR CONTROLS, UNDERSTANDING MOTOR CONTROLS, ELECTRONICS FOR ELECTRICIANS, ALTERNATING CURRENT FUNDAMENTALS, DIRECT CURRENT FUNDAMENTALS, ELECTRICAL STUDIES FOR TRADES, ELECTRICAL PRINCIPLES, EXPERIMENTS IN ELECTRICITY FOR USE WITH LAB VOLT EQUIPMENT, THE COMPLETE LABORATORY MANUAL FOR ELECTRICITY, and PRACTICAL PROBLEMS IN MATHEMATICS FOR ELECTRICIANS.