1. Theory, Technology, Praxis.
2. Apologia for the Art of Healing.
3. The Problem of Intelligence.
4. The Experience of Death.
5. Bodily Experience and the Limits of Objectificaton.
6. Between Nature and Art.
7. Philosophy and Practical Medicine.
8. On the Enigmatic Character of Health.
9. Authority and Critical Freedom.
10. Treatment and Dialogue.
11. Life and Soul.
12. Anxiety and Anxieties.
13. Hermeneutics and Psychiatry.
"The Enigma of Health is a thoroughly wise book and should be compulsory reading for anyone with a direct or passing, professional or lay, interest in medicine and health-care. It is also an excellent introduction to the intricacies and subtleties of Gadamer's thought." Milltown Studies
"Anyone interested in Gadamer, and anyone seeking quotable quotes from a famous and influential philosopher who is sceptical of the claims of modernism in medicine, would do well to peruse this book." Medical History
"There is much of interest ... Gadamer has written wide-ranging essays which will generate reflection ... thought provoking." Health