1. Emission: The Birth of Photons
2. Absorption: The Death of Photons
3. Scattering: The Life of Photons
4. Radiometry and Photometry: What You Get and What You See
5. Multiple Scattering: Elementary
6. Multiple Scattering: Advanced
7. Polarization: The Hidden Variable
8. Meteorological Optics: The Reward
Free solutions manual available for lecturers at www.wiley-vch.de/supplements/
Craig F. Bohren is Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Meteorology
at the Pennsylvania State University.
In 1988 he was elected a Fellow of the Optical Society of America. He is author of several books, his most recent book being 'Atmospheric Thermodynamics' (with Bruce A. Albrecht). Professor Bohren is the first recipient of the American Meteorological Society's Louis J. Battan Award for Authors.
Eugene E. Clothiaux is an Associate Professor of Meteorology at the Pennsylvania State University.
He remained at the Pennsylvania State University as a Research Associate from 1994-1999 before becoming an Assistant Professor in 1999. Prof. Clothiaux has written several contributions on millimeter-wave cloud radar and atmospheric radiation.
"... a highly enthusiastic and useful book ... highly recommended." CHOICE