Introduction: What This Book Is About
Part 1: Where Did We Come From?
1. What Is Evangelism? Perspectives and Problems
2. What Does the Bible Say? Biblical Models of Evangelism
3. Patterns of Evangelism through the Ages
4. The Western Missionary Movement in the Nineteenth Century: An American Perspective
Part 2: Where Are We Now?
5. The Situation for Evangelism in the Twenty-first Century: Two Sides of a Coin
6. Today's Mission Trends
7. Contemporary Theologies of Evangelism
Part 3: Where Are We Going?
8. Abundant Life
9. A Mission Statement for Evangelism
10. Changing Context: Transforming Mission
Part 4: Can We Craft a Graceful Evangelism?
11. Insights from Contemporary Theologies of Evangelism
12. Challenges to Crafting a Graceful Evangelism
13. Changes: New Movements and Institutional Re-visionings
14. Seeing through Their Eyes: A Spiral of Knowledge Acquisition
15. Radical Habits: Practices for Evangelism Today
Appendix: Constructing a Congregational Timeline
Frances S. Adeney (PhD, Graduate Theological Union) is William A. Benfield Jr. Professor of Evangelism and Global Mission at Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. She has authored and contributed to many books, including Christianity Encountering World Religions.