1. Introduction: A Model for Interdisciplinary Place-Based
2. The Varieties of Place-Based Education
3. The Solar Decathlon: Team DURA and Interdisciplinary Place-Based Learning
4. Cyclonic Pedagogy: Learning Interdisciplinary Lessons from a Hybrid Storm
5. From Local to Global: The Role of Interdisciplinary Place-Based Research in Teaching Environmental Economics
6. Visualizing Medicine: Mapping Connections with Plague Inc. to Learn in the Interdisciplinary Classroom
7. Modelling Interdisciplinary Place-Based Learning in Virtual Worlds: Lessons Learned and Suggestions for the Future
Reneta D. Lansiquot is Professor of English, Program Director,
Professional and Technical Writing, and Assistant Director of the
Honors Scholars Program at New York City College of Technology, The
City University of New York, USA. She has published widely on
interdisciplinary studies and educational technology.
Sean P. MacDonald is Associate Professor of Economics at New York City College of Technology, The City University of New York, USA. She has served as a fellow and as contributor on interdisciplinary grant initiatives. She has published on the 2008-2009 financial crisis and interdisciplinary pedagogy.