List of Figures.
List of Tables.
1. The Promise of Liberal Internationalism.
2. Building the Public International Unions.
3. The Unions' Work and How it was Done.
4. The Second Industrial Revolution and the Great War.
5. Liberal Learning and the Free World Order.
6. The Work of League and the U. N. System.
7. Prosperity and Disappointment.
8. Toward the Next World Order.
Appendix: Data on the Civil Activities of Global Igos.
Craig Murphy is the co-editor of The New International Political Economy (Macmillan, 1991) and author of The Emergence of the New Ideology (Westviw, 1984).
'International Organization and Industrial Change is a challenging and original work.' Robert O. Keohane, Harvard University
'This book will be an asset to students and teachers concerned with multilateralism and world order.' Robert W. Cox, York University, Canada
'A very interesting and eminently documented work.' Kyklos