If Someone Gave You This Book
Introduction: I Wrote This Book for Four Reasons
1. Success Is More Than Making Money
2. Life Is Hard...and Not Always Fair
3. Life Is Also Fun...and Incredibly Funny
4. We Live by Choice, Not by Chance
5. Attitude Is a Choice -- the Most Important One You'll Ever Make
6. Habits Are the Key to All Success
7. Being Thankful Is a Habit -- the Best One You'll Ever Have
8. Good People Build Their Lives on a Foundation of Respect
9. Honesty Is Still the Best Policy
10. Kind Words Cost Little but Accomplish Much
11. Real Motivation Comes from Within
12. Goals Are Dreams with Deadlines
13. There's No Substitute for Hard Work
14. You Have to Give Up Something to Get Something
15. Successful People Don't Find Time -- They Make Time
16. No One Else Can Raise Your Self-esteem
17. The Body Needs Nutrition and Exercise -- So Do the Mind and Spirit
18. It's OK to Fail -- Everyone Else Has
19. Life Is Simpler When We Know What's Essential
20. Essential #1 Is Being a Good Person
A Few Books That Have Shaped My Thinking and My Life
Hal Urban was a high school teacher for many years and also taught at the University of San Francisco. He is a well-known leader in the Character Education movement and is in constant demand as a speaker at national conferences and school and community events. He raised three sons as a single father, and now lives in Redwood City, California
Rabbi Harold Kushner author of When Bad Things Happen to Good
People A wise and wonderful book. It will enrich anyone who
Ken Blanchard coauthor, The One Minute Manager and Whale Done! With its timeless message for people of all ages, this book is going to become a classic. It should be in every home in America.
Stephen R. Covey author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People A tremendously enriching book full of classic wisdom to live by.
Mel Levine, M.D. author of A Mind at a Time This book can help all of us assemble our priorities.
Thomas Lickona author of Educating for Character A great book about character for kids, teachers, and parents!
Laurie Beth Jones author of Jesus, CEO; The Path; and Teach Your Team to Fish Hal Urban has put into bite-size pieces some of life's most important truths. Read, learn, and enjoy!
Pat Croce author of I Feel Great and You Will Too! and 110% Life's Greatest Lessons helps to unlock your mind to a treasure chest of life's opportunities and possibilities.