1. The Church's Identity and Role: Whose Story? Which Images?
2. God Forms Israel as a Missional People
3. Israel Embodies Its Missional Role and Identity amid the Nations
4. Jesus Gathers an Eschatological People to Take Up Their Missional Calling
5. The Death and Resurrection of Jesus and the Church's Missional Identity
6. The Missional Church in the New Testament Story
7. New Testament Images of the Missional Church
8. The Missional Church in the Biblical Story--A Summary
9. What Might This Look Like Today?
Michael W. Goheen (PhD, University of Utrecht) is Geneva Professor of Worldview and Religious Studies at Trinity Western University in Langley, British Columbia, and a teaching fellow in mission and world Christianity at Regent College, Vancouver. He is also minister of preaching at New West Christian Reformed Church and the author or coauthor of several books, including The Drama of Scripture, Living at the Crossroads, and a work on Lesslie Newbigin's missionary ecclesiology.