2. The Emergence of Parties in Parliament
3. Theories of Party Development
4. Legislative Records and Parliamentary Voting
5. How Do Members Vote?
6. How Do Parties Unite?
7. Louis Riel and the Catholic Sort
8. Western Discontent and Populism
9. Partisanship in the Senate
Jean-François Godbout is a professor in the Department of Political Science at the Université de Montréal.
"In this gold mine of voting data and analysis, bolstered by online
supporting evidence, Godbout systematically examines individual and
structural theories of party unity. He skillfully explains the
implications of his conclusions. This work is extraordinarily
relevant to any examination of why Parliament is increasingly
*American Review of Canadian Studies*