1. Books With Bite: Virago Press and the Politics of Feminist Conversion
2. Books of Integrity: Dilemmas of Race and Authenticity in Feminist Publishing
3. Opening Pandora's Box: The Rise of Academic Feminist Publishing
4. Collective Unconscious: The Demise of Radical Feminist Publishing
5. This Book Could Change Your Life: Feminist Bestsellers and the Power of Mainstream Publishing
Afterword: Feminist Publishing Beyond the Millennium:
Inscribing Women's Print Heritage in a Digital Future
Simone Murray is an Australian Research Council Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the School of English, Media Studies & Art History at The University of Queensland. She is author of numerous articles about publishing culture, women's historical role in the book industries, and the place of the book in the digital content economy. She has worked in publishing both in Australia and the UK.
"'One hopes, though, that someone, somewhere is writing... on this aspect of feminist literary production since much knowledge and experience will otherwise be lost.' Mary Eagleton"