Hurry - Only 3 left in stock!
List of Illustrations
List of Abbreviations
3. Language and Emotion: The Two Basic Components of Human Communication
4. Bi-/Multilingualism and Emotion
5. Research Questions, Hypotheses, Independent Variables and Research Design
6. Differences in Feeling? - Multilinguals' Own Views on Verbalising Emotions in the L1 & L2
7. Feeling the Difference? - Verbalising Emotions in ESL
8. Conclusions and Implications
Pia Resnik is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of English of the University of Vienna, Austria. Her research interests include all aspects surrounding multilingual users of English, with a particular focus on emotions in multilingual contexts. Recently, she has started investigating the effect of tandem language learning on students' foreign language enjoyment, foreign language anxiety and learner autonomy, a project she collaborates on with colleagues at King's College London, UK.
This book represents a major contribution to the research on multilingualism and emotion. Pia Resnik has managed to present an excellent overview of the research to date, to which she now adds her own original analyses and findings. A fascinating read.* Jean-Marc Dewaele, Birkbeck, University of London, UK *