This highly illustrated, concise, accessible guide to wine, from one of the foremost wine writers in the country covers 101 topics on drinking, buying, storing, and sharing wine--told as very short lessons with highly editorialized illustrations to go along with each.
JON BONNE is one of the leading American voices writing on wine today. He is the senior contributing editor at Punch, author of The New California Wine, winner of the Roederer International Wine Book of the Year, and the wine consultant for JetBlue Airways. For nearly a decade, he served as the wine editor and chief wine critic of the San Francisco Chronicle, where he won two James Beard Awards and numerous other accolades. He covers wine and other drinks throughout the world for a range of top publications, and is working on a new book, The New French Wine. With more than two decades in journalism, Bonne brings a critical eye and a well-trained palate to the world of wine and food.
"I'm generally not one to follow the rules, but in the case of this
book, I will absolutely make an exception! Fun, informative and
easy to read, Jon has done a masterful job making 'lovers of the
grape' feel completely comfortable in the world of wine."
- Kyle MacLachlan, actor and winemaker " ... a Zen-like reminder that wine is a joy, not a chore; a journey, not a race. Beginners and even confident wine drinkers will find much of value, even leafing through rules at random."
- Eric Asimov, New York Times "With its simple and friendly advice on buying, storing and drinking wine, it'll make you a happier and more confident wine nerd."
- The Daily Beast "Rejoice! At last, an accessible, abbreviated guide to the basics of wine, including drinking, buying and sharing."
- Wine Enthusiast ..". a primer on all things wine that is clear, concise, and firmly anti-snob."
- Departures "Bonn is one of the best wine writers working today, but he wears his learning lightly in conveying the essentials of buying, storing and ordering the beverage while working in some tips that go beyond the standard beginner's wine book."
- TheStreet "Consider this an artful primer on enjoying wine, from how to choose a bottle to how to serve it, store it, and get the most out of drinking it. Features gorgeous illustrations from Mar a Hergueta, and all of it happily sized to stuff a stocking. Recommended!"