1. THE NEW RETIREMENT
2. THE JOURNEY: TRANSITIONING FROM WORKER TO RETIREE
3. FINANCIAL SECURITY OR FINANCIAL STRESS?
4. RETIREMENT, HEALTH AND WELLBEING
5. RENEGOTIATING SOCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
6. RE-SHAPING IDENTITY IN RETIREMENT
7. MAKING THE MOST OF RETIREMENT References Index
Emeritus Professor Doreen Rosenthal and Emeritus Professor Susan Moore are social researchers and retired academics who write extensively for both academic and non-academic audiences. They have jointly authored books on adolescence, sexuality, grandparenting, and retirement. They take their own advice about retirement, aiming to stay mentally, physically and socially active.