Acknowledgments1. Early advocacy for plain packs
2. Prevention on a new government's agenda
3. Why the industry cares so much about packing - the silent salesman
4. Tobacco industry arguments, strategies and tactics
5. Plain packaging - why now? And why Australia?
6. Legal challenges, massive costs
7. Evaluating the impact of plain packaging
8. The future
Simon Chapman is emeritus professor of public health at the University of Sydney. Becky Freeman is a senior lecturer in public health at the University of Sydney.
'In this book you get a great combination: a depth of policy detail ... the arms-race nature of the political battle that took place ... and Chapman's sense of humour permeating right throughout.' -- Chris Picton * Croakey *