1. Introduction to Financial Management.
2. Debits and Credits-The Mechanics of Accounting.
3. The Balance Sheet.
4. The Income Statement.
5. Analysis and Interpretation of Financial Statements.
6. Cash Flow.
7. Understanding Cost Concepts and Break-even.
8. Pricing for Profits.
9. Operating Budgets.
10. Accounting Aspects of Food and Beverage Control.
11. Payroll Accounting.
12. Accounting for Fixed and Other Assets.
13. Cash and Revenue Control.
RAYMOND S. SCHMIDGALL, PhD, CPA, is the Hilton Hotels Professor of
Hospitality Financial Management at Michigan State University.
DAVID K. HAYES is the managing owner of the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center in Lansing, Michigan. He is the coauthor of Restaurant Law Basics and Food and Beverage Cost Control, Second Edition, both published by Wiley.
JACK D. NINEMEIER, PhD, is a professor at Michigan State University.