Foreword: Brooke Hempell, Senior VP, Research, Barna Group
Introduction: Why Do We Get So Emotional About Home?
1. Homelife: Recognizing the Spiritual Significance of the Mundane
2. Households: Unpacking How the Bible Sees Our Homes
3. Vibrancy: Pulling Back the Curtain on Spiritually Vibrant Homes
4. Messy Prayers: Helping Our Households Relate to God
5. Loud Tables: Helping Our Households Have Spiritual Conversations
6. Open Doors: Helping Our Households Extend Hospitality
Conclusion: When Did I Become So Hopeful About Home?
Appendix 1: Research Partners
Appendix 2: Research Methodology
Appendix 3: Definitions
Don Everts is a writer for Lutheran Hour Ministries and teaching pastor at Bonhomme Presbyterian Church in St. Louis, Missouri. His many books include Jesus with Dirty Feet, I Once Was Lost, and The Reluctant Witness. He and his wife, Wendy, live in a wonderfully messy multigenerational household in the St. Louis area with their three children and Don's mother, plus a dog that thinks he's a cat, and a cat that spends time in the neighborhood sewers.