1. A History of Violence: Definitions, Theories and Perspectives
2. Formations of Sports-Related Violence: Widening the Focus
3. Player Violence: The Drift to Criminalization
4. Crowd Violence: From Hooliganism to Post-Event Riots
5. Risk, Pain and Injury in Sport: A Cause or Effect of Violence?
6. Sport in the Panopticon: The Social Control of SRV
7. An Eye on SRV: The Role of the Media
8. Stratified SRV: Stasis and Change
Kevin Young is Professor of Sociology at the University of Calgary in Canada. His research and teaching interests bridge Criminology and Sociology of Sport and he has published widely on matters relating to violence, gender, body and health, and the use of animals in sport. Kevin is former Vice President of the International Sociology of Sport Association and has served on the editorial boards of the major journals in the field.