Julie Jackson was not cut out for the rat race. Stuck in a stifling workplace with an idiot boss, she discovered the sassy side of traditional needlework and began selling cross stitch kits online. Within a year, her kits began selling in retail outlets such as Urban Outfitters and Target.com's Red Hot Shop. She lives in Dallas, Texas, with her charming husband. Visit her online at www.subversivecrossstitch.com.
With SUBVERSIVE CROSS STITCH: 50 F8CKING CLEVER DESIGNS FOR YOUR
SASSY SIDE "rude cross stitch comes to your very own
- Paste Magazine
"Perfect for cool parents and hipsters alike."
- The Advocate, online "By taking this old-fashioned technique, and even some old-fashioned designs, but adding in updated sayings, her designs balance precariously on that line between awful and awesome."
- BUST, online "Getting your stitchy snark on is so easy, you'll wonder why you haven't been doing it for years!"
- MAKE Magazine "What's appealing about the patterns featured is that they have a real sense of humour and irony about them."
- Textile Artist "The glossy pages feature photos of the finished products on the left-hand side with patterns on the right, if you're so inclined to put needle to canvas yourself. Otherwise, the 50 different sayings do quite well as a mini coffeetable book, or a nice gift for the friend who's not afraid to combine the whimsical with a straight shot of sass."
- Red Eye Chicago "Julie has a new book coming out TODAY and it's even better than her first!"
- Tanis Knits As Seen On:
Yahoo! DIY, the Yahoo! main page, The Colbert Report, and Stella Magazine