1. The Fordist Compromise.
2. The End of the Golden Age.
3. What Should be Done?.
4. The Impasses of Liberal-Productivism.
5. The Ecological Crisis.
6. Time for the Alternative.
7. Towards a new Wages Pact.
8. The Growth of Free Time.
9. The Welfare Community.
10. A Non-Aggressive International Economic Order.
11. The Alternative - A Project for Europe.
Postscript to the English Edition.
Alain Lipietz is well-known throughout the world for his thinking in the area of regulation theory. A sucessful author in his field , he is also one of the economist speakers of the French Green Party.
'A new agenda for a Left seeking to go beyond welfare Keynesianism.' The Guardian
'This book will provide a useful and readable introduction to some radical Green alternative economic thinking.' The EconomicJournal
'Compelling writing on the relationship between the environment, work and welfare.' Environmental Values