1. An obsolete instrument of the viol tribe: The viola d'amore
2. For its swetenesse & novelty: The wire-strung viola d'amore
3. Especially charming in the stillness of the evening: The sympathetically-strung viola d'amore
4. La Viole d'amour est ordinairement montee de 6. ou de 7. cordes: Design and development of the viola d'amore
5. A dolefull & straunge noyse of violles, Cythren, Bandurion: The context of the viola d'amore
6. Une masse de violes d'amour chantant une belle priere: The viola d'amore's revival
Rachael Durkin is a Senior Lecturer in Music at Northumbria University, specialising in the field of organology. She holds a doctorate from The University of Edinburgh (2015), and has previously worked at both The University of Edinburgh and Edinburgh Napier University.