Introduction: Reclaiming Women's Health
PART 1. TAKE IN: THE RESEARCH BEHIND THE PRACTICE
1. The Inner Workings of the Female Brain
2. Dispelling Myths Around Women's Brain Health
3. Unique Risks to Women's Brain Health
4. The Brain's Journey from Pregnancy to Menopause
PART 2: TAKE ACTION: GET TESTED
5. The Age of Precision Medicine
6. Medical History and Laboratory Tests
7. Fill Out the Questionnaires
PART 3: TAKE CHARGE: OPTIMIZE YOUR BRAIN HEALTH,
MINIMIZE YOUR RISKS
8. Hormones, Antidepressants, and Other Meds: Do You Need Them?
9. Food Matters for Your Gray Matter
10. Eight Steps to a Well-Nourished Brain
11. Supplements for Women's Brains
12. Women and Exercise: Could Less Be More?
13. Be Mindful: Stress, Sleep, and Balance
14. More Ways to Protect Your Brain
Conclusion: Arrivederci, for Now
Appendix A: Where to Find Help
Appendix B: Diet Plan and Recipes
Dr Lisa Mosconi, PhD, is the director of the Women's Brain Initiative and associate director of the Alzheimer's Prevention Clinic at Weill Cornell Medical College, and the author of Brain Food.