2. 3/5S Of A Mile In 10 Seconds
3. Somebody To Love
4. Fat Angel
5. Rock Me Baby
6. Other Side Of This Life
7. It's No Secret
8. Plastic Fantastic Lover
9. Turn Out The Lights
10. Bear Melt
11. Today (Bonus Trk, Prev Unreleased)
12. Won't You Try / Saturday Afternoon (Bonus Trk, Prev Unreleas
13. Watch Her Ride (Bonus Trk, Prev Unreleased)
- Jefferson Airplane: Jack Casady (bass guitar); Marty Balin, Grace Slick, Jorma Kaukonen, Paul Kantner, Spencer Dryden.
- Personnel: Marty Balin, Jorma Kaukonen, Paul Kantner (vocals, guitar); Grace Slick (vocals, keyboards); Spencer Dryden (drums).
- Liner Note Author: Jeff Tamarkin.
- Recording information: Filmore East, NY (09/24/1968-11/05/1968); Filmore West, San Francisco, CA (09/24/1968-11/05/1968).
- Photographer: Mike Frankel.
- Arranger: Jefferson Airplane.
- These 1968 live recordings from the Filmore East and West are the definitive live document of San Francisco's premier psychedelic group. 1968 was prime time for the Airplane, as the instrumental interplay between Kantner, Casady and Kaukonen had really begun to gel. So too had the interaction between lead vocalists Grace Slick and Marty Balin reached near-telepathic heights, and it can all be heard here. From the mind-melting proto-acid-rock of "Somebody to Love" to ribald, bluesy brashness of "Plastic Fantastic Lover," this is the Airplane in full flight. POINTED HEAD also makes it plain that the early Airplane had a special way with cover tunes. Folk god Fred Neil's "Other Side of This Life" gets a furiously rocking revision, and Donovan's "Fat Angel" is stretched out to encompass some wonderfully trippy jamming. BLESS ITS POINTED LITTLE HEAD is a candid but flattering photo of this seminal American band.