- Gomez: Ian Ball, Paul Blackburn, Tom Gray, Ben Ottewell, Olly Peacock.
- Additional personnel: Steve Fellows (guitar); Ian Bracken (cello); Susie Wright (saxophone); Mat Quinton (tuba).
- Personnel: Stephen Fellows (guitar); Ian Bracken (cello); Susie Wright (saxophone).
- Recording information: Merseyside; Southport, England.
- The 2008 10th-anniversary edition of BRING IT ON includes a bonus disc loaded with Gomez radio sessions and rarities. The lauded British alt-rock band is featured on two BBC recording dates performing both familiar tracks (the sunny "Here Comes the Breeze") and non-album numbers (a cover of the Temptations' "The Way You Do the Things You Do").
Spin (9/98, pp.191-192) - 8 out of 10 - "...Gomez...has...steeped itself in retro-Americana: the Band, Little Feat, the Grateful Dead, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Captain Beefheart....Ultimately, BRING IT ON works, because, to hell with quote marks, it's a damn beautiful record."
Entertainment Weekly (9/11/98, p.132) - "...While their retro pastiche of swampy guitar, Vedderesque vocals, and goofy lyrics is initally bewildering, it slowly grows into sonic shapes that are as dense and oddly beautiful as wild kudzu." - Rating: B+
Q (12/99, p.100) - Included in Q Magazine's "90 Best Albums Of The 1990s."
Mojo (Publisher) (p.119) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "Adding '90s electronica swirls and echoes, they ended up in a rackety groove combining good times and primal terror, sweetness and severe damage."
NME (Magazine) (3/23/02, p.36) - 9 out of 10 - "...To say that Gomez are fake is to say the same about the fledgling Stones banging around the Richmond Tavern high on Bo Diddley. It's fantasy, man. Chill out..."