- Personnel includes: Boz Scaggs (vocals, guitar); Fred Tackett, Steve Freund (guitar); Anthony Blea (violin); Harry Duncan (harmonica); Tom Coster (accordion); Norbert Stachel (alto, tenor & baritone saxophones, horns); Vince Lars (alto saxophone); Ron Stallings, Dave Ellis (tenor saxophone); Ronnie Cuber (baritone saxophone, horns); Bill Ortiz (trumpet); Wayne Wallace (trombone); Dave Matthews (piano, Hammond B-3 organ); Jim Cox, Charles Hodges (Hammond B-3 organ); Freddie Washington (bass); Ricky Fataar (drums, percussion); Jim Keltner (drums); Monet Owens, Kitty Beethoven, Otis Cooper (background vocals).
- Willie Mitchell Horns: Lannie McMillan (tenor saxophone); James Mitchell (baritone saxophone); Ben Cauley (trumpet); Jack Hale (trombone).
- Engineers: Elliot Scheiner, Michael Rodriguez.
- Recorded at Meac Studio, San Francisco, California; Skywalker Sound, Nicasto, California; and Royal Recording Studio, Memphis, Tennessee. Includes liner notes by Boz Scaggs.
- COME ON HOME was nominated for a 1998 Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Blues Album.
- Personnel: Boz Scaggs (vocals, guitar); Steve Freund, Fred Tackett (guitar); Anthony Blea (violin); Harry Duncan (harmonica); Tom Coster (accordion); Norbert Stachel (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, horns); Vince Lars (alto saxophone); Dave Ellis , Lonnie McMillan, Rev. Ron Stallings (tenor saxophone); Ronnie Cuber (baritone saxophone, horns); James Mitchell (baritone saxophone); Ben Cauley, Bill Ortiz (trumpet); Brenda Rutledge, Marty Wehner, Wayne Wallace, Jack Hale (trombone); Willie Mitchell (horns); David Matthews , Scott Plunkett, Jim Cox (piano); Ricky Fataar (drums, percussion); Jim Keltner (drums); Mark Scaggs (percussion); Kitty Beethoven, Monte Owens, Otis Cooper (background vocals).
- Audio Mixer: Michael Rodriguez .
- Recording information: MEAC Studio, San Francisco, CA; Royal Recording Studio, Memphis, TN; Skywalker Sound, Nicasio, CA.
- Photographers: Mick Haggerty; Benedict J. Fernandez; Tom Keller; Jean Baptiste Mondino.
- For much of his career, Boz Scaggs has taken the musical path of slick L.A. pop, culminating in his 1976 hit album SILK DEGREES. COME ON HOME brings Scaggs full circle to his first love of R&B and blues for the first time since his earliest recordings. Members of the famed Hi Records house band, Bonnie Raitt's touring band, and Little Feat's Fred Tackett accompany Scaggs in criss-crossing the musical map.
- COME ON HOME features traditional numbers by Sonny Boy Williamson ("Early In The Morning") and Jimmy Reed ("Found Love"), nuggets from the Stax catalog (the Hayes/Porter classic "Your Good Thing [Is About To End]," and Texas jump blues ("T-Bone Shuffle"), all performed with loving care by this student of soul. Scaggs' originals fit in nicely next to these covers, giving a nod to Charles Brown's stylings ("After Hours") and French bistro ambiance ("Goodnight Louise"), complete with rambling piano and an accompanying squeezebox.
Entertainment Weekly (4/18/97, p.68) - "...leans toward [a blues-tinged wail] on this roots rediscovery project, a leathery-sweet package of blues and R&B....HOME is where his bluesy heart is." - Rating: B+
JazzTimes (9/97, p.67) - "...Boz croons with grace, soul and all-knowing cool on a collection of gospel, r&b and blues-flavored numbers....The horns sound great and the overall vibe feels right througout this very fine album."