- Supertramp: Roger Hodgson (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Rick Davies (vocals, keyboards); John Helliwell (saxophone, keyboards); Dougie Thomson (bass); Bob Siebenberg (drums).
- Additional personnel: Ann Wilson, Nancy Wilson, Claire Diament (background vocals).
- Recorded at Unicorn, Nevada City, California; The Backyard, Encino, California; Rumbo Recorders, Canoga Park, California; Bill Schnee's Studios, North Hollywood, California.
- All tracks have been digitally remastered.
- This is part of A&M Records "Supertramp Remasters" series.
- ...Famous Last Words... was the last album that Roger Hodgson made with Supertramp before seeking a solo career, and he made sure that radio would take kindly to his last hurrah with the band. Sporting an airy and overly bright pop sheen, ...Famous Last Words... put two singles on the charts, with the poignant "My Kind of Lady" peaking at number 31 and the effervescent smile of "It's Raining Again" going to number 11. The album itself went Top Ten both in the U.S. and in the U.K., eventually going gold in America. The songs are purposely tailored for Top 40 radio, delicately textured and built around overly bland and urbane choruses. Hodgson's abundance of romantically inclined poetry and love song fluff replaces the lyrical keenness that Supertramp had produced in the past, and the instrumental proficiency that they once mastered has vanished. Hodgson's English appeal and fragile vocal manner works well in some places, but the album's glossy sound and breezy feel is too excessive. Hodgson gave his solo album, 1984's In the Eye of the Storm, a mildly progressive feel, quite unlike his last appearance with his former group. ~ Mike DeGagne
Item ships from and is sold by Fishpond World Ltd.