- Personnel: Roger Waters (vocals, guitar, bass); Jon Carin (vocals, guitar, lap steel, keyboards, programming); Andy Fairweather Low (vocals, guitar, bass); Doyle Bramhall II (vocals, guitar); Katie Kissoon, Susannah Melvoin, P P Arnold (vocals); Snowy White (guitar); Andy Wallace (Hammond organ, keyboards).
- Recorded live at The Rose Garden Arena, Portland, Oregon; America West Arena, Phoenix, Arizona; MGM Grand Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Irvine, California. Includes liner notes by Roger Waters.
- Personnel: Roger Waters (vocals, guitar); Jon Carin (vocals, guitar, lap steel guitar, keyboards, programming); Doyle Bramhall II, Andy Fairweather Low (vocals, guitar); Andy Wallace (vocals, keyboards); Susannah Melvoin, Katie Kisson, Katie Kissoon, P.P. Arnold (vocals); Snowy White (guitar); Graham Broad (drums).
- Audio Mixer: James Guthrie .
- Liner Note Author: Roger Waters.
- Recording information: America West Arena, Phoenix; MGM Grand Arean, Las Vegas, NV; MGM Grand Arena, Las Vegas, NV; Portland and America West arena, Phoenix; The Rose Garden Arena; Verion Wireless Amphitheatre, Irvine; Verizon Wirless Amphitheatre, Irvine.
- Editor: Gus Skinas.
- Photographers: Neal Preston; Jimmy Lenner; Jimmy Ienner, Jr.
- With IN THE FLESH, ex-Pink Floyd vocalist, bassist, and genius behind THE WALL Roger Waters releases a superbly recorded live album that covers his entire career. Acknowledging that his old band has performed DARK SIDE OF THE MOON many times, and that a live version of THE WALL was recently released, Waters delivers a set of FM staples, mixed with rarities that aficionados will appreciate.
- Floyd classics are given new twists, such as the female vocals on "Mother," and Waters' singing lead on "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2." Going back to Pink Floyd's psychedelic early days, the seven-minute "Set the Controls For the Heart of the Sun" is performed both eerily and masterfully. "Perfect Sense (Parts I and II)" works as an excellent crowd singalong, and is wonderful companion material to the previously mentioned Floyd albums. "Each Small Candle," the only new song in the set, and the centerpiece of an upcoming album, shows that Waters is as creative as he's ever been. IN THE FLESH--LIVE is perfect for those who want to relive these dramatic performances, and those who want a document of a compelling live concert.
Q (p.127) - 3 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he Floyd songs are his....They brim with conviction..."