- Composer/Lyricists: Mark Newby-Robsun; Paul Allender.
- Cradle of Filth: Dani Filth (vocals); Paul Allender (guitar); Martin "Marthus" Skaroupka (drums); David Pybus.
- Personnel: Sarah Jezebel Deva (vocals, spoken vocals); Tonya Kay, Rachel Marshall-Clarke, Liz Willgoose, Leanne Harrison, Laura Willgoose, Julie Devins, Elissa Devins, Carolyn Gretton (vocals); Stephen Svanholm (baritone); David Pybus (guitar, bass guitar); Charles "Molester" Hedger (guitar); Rosie Smith (organ, keyboards); Mark Newby-Robsun (keyboards, symphonia).
- Audio Mixers: Scott Atkins; Doug Cook; Andy Sneap.
- Recording information: Backstage Studios, Sneapy Hollow, Derbyshire, England; Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA.
- Photographer: Daragh McDonagh.
- Cradle of Filth unleashes its most horrifying, lurid, and inspired release to date with GODSPEED ON THE DEVIL'S THUNDER. In the tradition of CRUELTY AND THE BEAST and NYMPHETAMINE, the band churns its cauldron of creativity and offers a concept album exploring the life of 15th-century Frenchman Gilles de Rais. Always eager to highlight figures of peculiar note, Cradle of Filth weaves a vivid tapestry of terror delving into various aspects of de Rais's bizarre career--from a soldier in Joan of Arc's army to serial killer and Satanist. Doug Bradley, famous for his portrayal of Pinhead in the HELLRAISER film series, once again provides bone-chilling narration on this album.
Alternative Press (p.142) - 4.5 stars out of 5 -- "[This album] sees the Brits at their operatic best and completely unafraid to fill the songs with orchestral keyboards."
Kerrang (Magazine) (p.52) - "[A] work that mixes scorching dynamics, atmosphere and overblown theatrics in a way that no one else on Earth or Hell can."