1. Beauty And The Beast
2. Joe The Lion
4. Sons Of The Silent Age
6. V-2 Schneider
7. Sense Of Doubt
8. Moss Garden
10. The Secret Life Of Arabia
- Composer: David Bowie.
- Lyricist: David Bowie.
- Personnel: David Bowie (vocals, guitar, koto, saxophone, keyboards, background vocals); David Bowie (various instruments); Brian Eno (vocals, guitar, piano, chamberlin, keyboards, synthesizer); George Murray (electric bass, bass guitar); Tony Visconti (wind, background vocals); Antonia Maass (background vocals); Robert Fripp, Carlos Alomar (guitar); Dennis Davis (drums, percussion).
- Audio Mixers: David Bowie; David Richards .
- Recording information: Hansa By The Wall, Berlin, Germany (07/1977-08/1977).
- Photographer: Sukita.
- The Germanic feel of this album is not surprising, as David Bowie recorded it in Berlin during his period of infatuation with the city. HEROES is a much more lively affair than LOW and has the benefit of a title track that remains one of Bowie's finest songs, in addition to excellent contributions from Robert Fripp and Brian Eno.
- The thick, mysterious textures of "Beauty and the Beast" set the tone for the rest of the album. The Eno-influenced "Sense of Doubt" is the flip side to the majestic "Heroes"--dark and moody, as is "Neukoln". But, despite (or perhaps because of) the charged atmosphere of doom and gloom, this is a seminal Bowie album.