- Personnel: Clifford Brown (trumpet); Jack Montrose (arranger); Zoot Sims (tenor saxophone); Bob Gordon (baritone saxophone); Stu Williamson (valve trombone); Russ Freeman (piano); Joe Mondragon, Carson Smith (bass); Shelly Manne (drums).
- Producer: Richard Bock.
- Reissue producer: Michael Cuscuna.
- Recorded at Capitol Recording Studios, Los Angeles, California on July 12 & August 8, 1954. Originally released on Pacific Jazz (3). Includes liner notes by Bob Blumenthal.
- Digitally remastered by Rudy Van Gelder.
- This is part of Blue Note's Rudy Van Gelder Editions series.
- Sextet. This album includes some takes and Brown material unavailable elsewhere. ~ Ron Wynn
Mojo (Publisher) (12/01, p.126) - "...Direct and engaging..."