- Adapters: Bruce Springsteen; Frank Hamilton; Guy Carawan; Pete Seeger ; Zilphia Horton.
- Personnel: Bruce Springsteen (vocals, guitar); Bruce Springsteen; Greg Liszt (vocals, banjo); Curt Ramm (vocals, trumpet, percussion); Curtis Rance King, Jr. (vocals, percussion); Curtis King (vocals); Marc Anthony Thompson (acoustic guitar); Gregory Liszt (banjo); Art Baron (mandolin, pennywhistle, trombone, euphonium, sousaphone); Dan Lee (organ); Jeremy Chatzky (bass guitar); Frank Bruno (vocals, acoustic guitar, drums); Patti Scialfa (vocals, acoustic guitar); Sam Bardfeld, Soozie Tyrell (vocals, violin); Charlie Giordano (vocals, accordion, piano, organ); Ed Manion (vocals, saxophone, percussion); Clark Gayton (vocals, trombone, percussion); Cindy Mizelle, Lisa Lowell (vocals, percussion); Marty Rifkin (steel guitar, dobro, mandolin); Larry Eagle (drums, percussion).
- Audio Mixer: Bob Clearmountain.
- Recording information: The Point, Dublin, Ireland (11/17/2006-11/19/2006).
- Arranger: Bruce Springsteen.
- Ireland has a long and proud folk tradition, so it makes perfect sense that the concert chosen to document Bruce Springsteen's 2006 tour in support of WE SHALL OVERCOME: THE SEEGER SESSIONS would be in the country's capital city. The 22-track set, LIVE IN DUBLIN, captures both the political passion and the overwhelming joy of this tour. Touring with an expanded band of friends and fellow New Jersey musicians instead of the E Street Band, Springsteen goes for a hybrid electric-acoustic sound rather than the full-on rock bombast he's better known for. Although solo takes of Springsteen originals like a haunted "Atlantic City" are highlights, the focus here is both on the large, rollicking band and on the Seeger tunes and traditional folk favorites given new life. LIVE IN DUBLIN is available in both two-disc and three-disc formats, the latter adding a live DVD of the entire concert.
Rolling Stone (p.70) - 3.5 stars out of 5 -- "Springsteen rips up old folk songs and revises nine slices of his back catalog..."