- This is an Enhanced CD, which contains both regular audio tracks and multimedia computer files.
- Personnel: Peter Cincotti (vocals, arranger, piano); Scott Kreitzer (tenor saxophone); David Finck (bass); Kenny Washington (drums).
- Recorded at Avatar Studios, New York, New York. Includes liner notes by Pete Cincotti.
- Carrying himself far older than his actual age of 19, Peter Cincotti makes an impressive stake in the post-Sinatra pop vocal world with a debut reminiscent of Harry Connick's initial '80s splash. With this youthful crooner riding the 88s, Phil Ramone producing, and bassist David Finck and drummer Kenny Washington providing tight accompaniment, Cincotti takes on all comers with a varied selection of songs. Carmen McCrae served as the inspiration for a walk through "Miss Brown" that swaggers with a Rat Pack strut, Fats Waller's "Ain't Misbehavin'" sizzles with cool, and tenor saxophonist Scott Kreitzer's accompaniment on "You Stepped Out of A Dream" is the perfect complement to Cincotti's spry piano playing.
- There's even a seductive take on the old Dean Martin nugget "Sway" rivaling the contemporaneous version by Cincotti's peer Michael Buble. Rock fans get their due via the delicately rendered medley of the Beatles' "Fool on The Hill" into Eden Ahbez's "Nature Boy." Equally impressive is a version of Blood, Sweat and Tears' "Spinning Wheel" delivered with an Errol Garner-esque flair. Cincotti's trio of originals, the swinging "I Changed the Rules," introspective stroll "Are You the One?" and potential saloon standard "Lovers, Secrets, Lies" also fit in seamlessly.
Item ships from and is sold by Fishpond.com, Inc.