- Personnel: Ilya Toshinskiy (acoustic guitar); Michael Landau, David Levita (electric guitar); Dan Dugmore (steel guitar, lap steel guitar); Steve Nathan (piano, organ, Wurlitzer organ, synthesizer); Jamie Muhoberac (keyboards); Shannon Forrest (drums, percussion); Greg Barnhill (background vocals).
- Audio Mixer: Chris Lord-Alge.
- Recording information: Blackbird Studios, Nashville, TN; Essential Sound, Nashville, TN; Ocean Way Studios, Hollywood, CA.
- Photographer: Nigel Parry.
- After selling 40 million records, and 32 number one singles with Curb, Tim McGraw releases his Big Machine debut, Two Lanes of Freedom. The album's first single is "Truck Yeah." The title cut has a Celtic tinge, while closer ""Highway Don't Care" features guest appearances from Taylor Swift and Keith Urban -- it was written in tribute to Swift's first hit single, "Tim McGraw." There are some rowdier numbers including "Southern Girl," the hangover paean "Mexicoma," and story songs including "Book of John," and "Number 37405," an ode about a singer who descends into personal torment and becomes a convict.
Rolling Stone (p.66) - "[H]e fares better as a relaxed forty-something: mooning over an ex in 'Friend of a Friend,' predicting future nostalgia in 'One of Those Nights'..."