- Survivor: Jimi Jamison (vocals); Frankie Sullivan (guitar, backing vocals); Jim Peterik (keyboards, background vocals); Stephen Ellis (bass); Marc Droubay (drums).
- Additional personnel: Mike Moran, Bill Cuomo (synthesizers); Tom Kelly, Tommy Shaw (backing vocals).
- Engineers include: Ron Nevinson, Mike Clark, Phil Bonanno, David De Vore.
- After original singer Dave Bickler (of "Eye of the Tiger" fame) left Survivor in 1983, the group picked up right where they left off with newcomer Jimi Jamison on vocals, churning out even more hits--notably another ROCKY-related mega-hit with "Burning Heart." 1986's WHEN SECONDS COUNT shows the band following its previous pop rock formula.
- It scored another Top 10 hit with "Is This Love" (not to be confused with the Whitesnake song of the same title). As on previous albums, Survivor splits things fifty-fifty between melodic pop rock and power ballads--"Keep it Right Here," "Backstreet Love Affair," and the title track being the other standouts. After only one more album, 1988's TOO HOT TO SLEEP, Survivor would retire, just like Rocky Balboa around the same time.
CD Review Reader Consensus - Performance 9 / Sound 8